Sunday, June 12, 2005

Birthdays and Decisions

Katrina's 3rd birthday party was a huge success. We had our friends and family around. Even Dawna and Drew from Cleveland came and Bret and Shannon from Erie. We did Sesame Street theme and each child went home with a personalized coloring book, an elmo CD, bubbles, balloon, noise maker, and sesame street floation ring (big bird or elmo). The adults played "guess how many cookies" and "guess how many goldfish." This was oddly deceptive. Most people were VERY off. Some were over 130 off. Amazing to watch really. All in all it was a really nice time and Katrina had a blast. She is a wonderful, sweet little girl and we are blessed to have her in our lives.

Well, we've finally come to some decisions. The hard ones always take a little more time.

1. All the pets are going. Draco gets his new home on Tuesday, with my physical therapist oddly enough. He was looking for a dog just like Draco, down to his age, color, and weight. The cat is going tomorrow as well to a neighbor's sister.

2. Les has been offered a job on the other side of the state. We're not sure where yet because he hasn't called them back. He's planning on calling tomorrow. We think he will go down first, rent an apartment, while I get things straightened out here, and in the meantime I'll be working here and trying to get a job lined up for there. Then off we go. We all move to the other side of PA. Interestingly the weather is 5 degrees different there and may help some with Kat's allergies and asthma. Not majorly but a little.

Granted we will miss all our friends here terribly. I have never lived away from my family before so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. We're very close knit group. Matriarchal too, in case you want to know. We women run our homes, our lives, and we run in bulk to the restrooms just so we can chit chat.

However, we think this move has a lot of advantages. One is Les will be doubling his wages. Literally. Two is that Les will be able to get his LPC license sooner which will enable him to make even more and open his own agency if he wanted. I'm pretty flexible. Since I didn't get the promotion at work I feel no true compulsion to stay there and really I can probably make more elsewhere. Luckily Katrina is on access and her insurance will move with her. Les isn't going to have insurance so I will need to look for a job that has it.

1 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 12:18 AM, Blogger Farmer Joe said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you.. yeah.. move decisions are tough... I'm going to be facing one around july or august of '06. Vernie will be going to school.. and well. yeah..

Isn't health insurance a bitch? mine doesn't cover eye exams or ear exams (or glasses or hearing devices) I got new glasses and contacts with my tax refund. a new computer will have to wait.
oh and I updated my blog! [dramatic chord]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home